An Indiana teenager was busy minding his own business playing basketball when a stray bullet fell from the sky and killed him. The innocent victim was thirteen-year-old Noah Inman. He was enjoying a pickup game of basketball with a group of friends when the bullet fell from the sky, struck him, and he collapsed to the ground. Witnesses immediately knew that something bad had happened to Noah, so they called emergency services and reported the incident – although they didn’t think it was a falling bullet, something closer to a seizure, or some other kind of health scare.

However, doctors at the area hospital were able to confirm that Noah was not suffering from a seizure or another health incident. Instead, they were able to locate the bullet that struck him and reported that it must have been fired into the sky by a gun nut living near the basketball court.

Noah died several days after being struck by the falling bullet. His death remains a horrible tragedy for his Indiana community, which is trying to find answers and figure out who the horrible person was who fired the bullet into the sky that fell and killed Noah while he was playing basketball with a group of his best friends.

After consulting with the medical professionals who worked on Noah’s case, police reported that they believe the murderous bullet was “most likely fired into the air like a firework.”

Indiana police are now on a manhunt for the murderer who shot the bullet into the sky. Although the person would not likely be charged with first- or second-degree murder in Noah’s case, it is possible for them to face a manslaughter charge since they discharged the firearm near a basketball court that often had children at it.

“Unfortunately, this is a common action by many people who own guns in our city, and they need to know this action has consequences and will be dealt with severely by the Hammond Police Department,” the police department said in a statement. “We ask the public to please keep your Fourth of July celebrations to the use of legal fireworks only.”

When Noah’s death was confirmed several days later, the Hammon Police Department released the following message.

“The Hammond Police Department would like to offer our heartfelt condolences to the Inman family,” the statement said. “We wish you peace to bring comfort, courage to face the days ahead, and loving memories to forever hold in your hearts. Our hearts go out to you in your time of sorrow. When reason fails, pray for peace. We will be praying with you.”

Hammond Mayor Tom McDermott Jr. called Noah’s murder a “ridiculous fluke.”

“I don’t know what [people who shoot their guns in the air] think happens — the bullet disappears into thin air?” the mayor said, according to the Chicago Tribune. “The bullet could’ve come from Munster, Cal City, East Chicago, really anywhere close by.”